This intensive one year program equips students with the skills and knowledge needed for successful scriptwriting across various formats.
Name: Scriptwriting Program
Course starts: 26 August 2024
Length: 38 weeks, 2 semesters
Qualification: No previous experience required
Application deadline: Application is open until 1 May 2024
CSN (Swedish student aid): No
Tuition fees: €12000/year
At admission, the student will be invoiced the first installment (admission fee) of their tuition cost of €200. When the admission fee is received by the school, the admission is definite and the student has reserved their vacancy. The second installment of €11.800 has to be paid before the beginning of the school year according to invoice sent to the student. When nonpayment according to invoice occurs, statutory fees will be added. All invoices are sent via email to the address submitted in the application. For further information please see the full terms and conditions.
The Scriptwriting Program is not covered by CSN – Swedish Board of Student Finance.
Stockholm Film School does not offer scholarships for international students.
Scriptwriting Program Outline
- Introduction to Scriptwriting
- Program overview
- Storytelling basics
- Screenplay Structure and Formatting
- Three-Act Structure
- Character Development
- Writing Scenes and Dialogue
- Scene construction
- Crafting dialogue
- Genre, Tone, and Originality
- Exploring genres and tone
- Developing original concepts
- Peer Review and Feedback
- Script sharing and peer feedback
- Character Arcs and Development
- Creating multi-dimensional characters
- Character arcs
- Plot Development
- Advanced plotting techniques
- Handling subplots
- Writing for TV and Web
- TV series structure and episodes
- Web series format and distribution
- Advanced Genre Exploration
- In-depth genre study
- Genre-specific scriptwriting
- Script Editing and Revision
- Advanced revision techniques
- Industry-standard scripts
- Pitching and Querying
- Crafting effective pitches and queries
- Mock pitch sessions
- Legal Aspects and Marketing
- Copyright, contracts, and marketing
- Building a writer’s brand
- Guest Lectures and Networking
- Industry expert insights
- Networking opportunities
- Portfolio Development
- Final portfolio preparation
- Peer and mentor feedback
- Graduation and Presentation
- Final portfolio presentation
- Graduation ceremony
- Guest speakers and industry workshops.
- One-on-one mentorship and regular feedback sessions are available.
- Writing sample.
- Admission interview assessing commitment to scriptwriting.
- Successful completion of all coursework and assignments.
- Active participation in workshops, feedback sessions, and networking events.
This condensed 38-week scriptwriting program provides a comprehensive education in scriptwriting.
INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR STAY IN SWEDEN
EU/EEA/Swiss citizens -you should register for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in your home country before coming to Sweden. This card gives you the right to medical care at the same cost as Swedes.
Non-EU/EEA citizens: stays of less than one year – If you have a residence permit valid for a period of less than a year, you won’t have access to the public health insurance. Students who aren’t covered by the public health insurance must arrange for their own insurance coverage, as medical treatment can be very expensive without any form of insurance. It’s highly recommended to arrange for health insurance from your home country so that you’re covered during your trip to Sweden and as soon as you arrive.
Stockholm Film School does not have the possibility to offer accommodation for students.
The average price range for rooms in Stockholm is €400 to €1000 a month depending of the distance to the city centre.
There are several webpages that offer accommodations, for example blocket.se and andrahand.se. Although the majority of rentals posted online are legit, you should always follow these three simple rules for your safety:
1. Never pay before signing the contract.
2. Ask the landlord for their personal id when signing the contract to validate their information (they will do the same with you so don’t be shy).
3. Pay the deposit only to a Swedish bank account.